Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ok, right, using my blog to update people in major life things at the bare minimum.

Ottawa. Yes. So far doing good by me.

Got myself a job, oh, a couple weeks ago. I'm now the proud employee at a coffee store, which makes me happy because I love working at coffee stores and couldn't get anyone in Montreal even slightly associated with coffee to hire me. They also hired the always lovely Clair, so I'm a happy llama. Did the online training and started my training shifts earlier this past week. I dig it. It's a grueling 5 min walk away (barely enough time to pull out my ipod, pick a song, and get through the first verse).

We found ourselves a place for Sept. It is a floor down from where we are now. For everyone who knows our address, as of Sept change Apt 4 to Apt 5 and you'll be good. More expensive than we were hoping, but still quite manageable. We really like the neighbourhood, so good good. On our way to sign the lease we were all, 'Oh, so I guess we're staying here through the winter... Everyone cool with that? Stresssss. Okay.'

Another major bonus of Ottawa is that one of Dylan's uncles also lives here. He's nice. It's nice. He's shown us around a few places, given us a whole bunch of advice on things to do, answered our questions on good places to volunteer, and fed Dylan more food than is speakable. He even went out in search of bikes for Clair and I, getting a loaner for Clair and went so far above and beyond as to buy me a used bike from a guy he knows. It's red and white and pretty and I'm excited because I don't think I've ever owned my own bike with the possible exception of a tricycle. But, the biggest advantage is that at the end of the day, it helps us feel less alone on this side of the continent.

And, in news unrelated to Ottawa for the most part, my laptop (known affectionately as Lappy, both for the obvious reason and after Lapierre) has been giving me problems again lately. It was running off the power cord, but wasn't charging the battery at all. It was alarming since Lappy is definitely one of my most beloved possessions and somewhat annoying since having to have a laptop plugged in to use it sorta takes away from the whole portability thing. Anyway, it's still under warranty, so I took it in. This led to three separate repairs, a new MagSafe board, logic board, battery, trackpad assembly (still don't know why this was replaced), and a new display (this was just because they could and I asked since mine was somewhat dented...). A grand total of $1,362.91 worth of repairs. But Lappy is now working like a Pro! Get it? 'Cause I have a MacBook Pro. Hahaha. Anyways. Have I mentioned I love extended warranties? Because paying for that would have sucked.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! A post! Even if it's a post filled with things you have already told me! =P Any post is a good post.

    ReplyDelete