Friday, August 2, 2013

Hello Internets.

I'm still with ya. The school has been really busy the last three weeks, with a high school group every weekend plus the regular students throughout the week. Hence my lack in presence.

To start with a bit of a personal-life thing (as opposed to happy-fun-time adventure things), I sometimes have really vivid dreams about my dad and family. I had a lot of them last year once I got back to Ottawa. I haven't had one in a while, but I had one last week. Sometimes they are really depressing, but they can sometime be happier. Those are almost worse though, since I wake up and kinda get smacked in the face with reality. Because they feel ridiculously real at the time. I rarely remember my dreams, but these stick with me. I don't really talk about them too much, partially since it's weird for something like that to affect me and partially since they just feel so personal. But I guess this past year has been a good lesson that it doesn't matter whether you want to or not, your body will find a way to deal with those darn feelings and shtuff.

Anyways. Japan.

Despite the fact that we've been busy 'round here, Dylan has taken a couple days off. Last weekend, it was our five year anniversary (craziness!), so Hubby took the afternoon off after the high schoolers had left. We went into a nearby town and stopped by the zoo before they close. They had penguins! And giraffes! And soft-shelled turtles, and turtles that looked like dinosaurs! And some other stuff! And penguins! That would have been a good enough celebration for me to be honest. But afterwards, we headed off a park, walked around for a while and did some sittin' and readin'. Then we were going to go to a fancy-ish restaurant, but didn't have anywhere in mind. So, we spotted a place that looked pretty good while driving. Yah, turns out it looked pretty nice especially on the outside, but was about family restaurant level of food. I thought it was fitting/funny, since we're not the fanciest of couples. But Hubby was a bit disappointed. He forgot about that pretty quickly though, since we moved on to a fireworks show that was downtown that night. It was sorta a competition, in that different companies sponsored chunks of the show - so it was a very long show. As in, it lasted two hours. They boast having about 15,000 fireworks. All in all, a good day.

He also took another day off later in the week, so we decided to try and go to a cat cafe. Despite what inappropriate things you might be assuming, a cat cafe is just a normal cafe but with a lot of cats. You pay to be there for a chunk of time, and a drink is included. From what I've gathered, it is mainly aimed to people who can't have pets of their own. I think this cafe had about 15-20 cats and could sit maybe a dozen people comfortably. It was fun, except that I was suddenly reminded that I'm allergic to cats not long after walking in. Oh well. Worth it. We were going to go to a soccer game in the evening and had a bit of time to waste, so we went to yet another park to read. Only difference this time was the ten or so mosquito bites I got. Then we went to the game where Dylan was desperate to see a goal. The game ended 0-0. It was the second live game he has gone to and the second one that has ended 0-0.


Ok, those are the highlights for now. Byeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment