Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh, I guess I haven't been updating a lot lately. Time flies when you have no internet connection. Speaking of which, for those of you who don't know, I did find a wireless connection at the corner of our balcony. It is not always reliable and it means that my laptop spends most of it's day outside, persistently downloading things for me. But it is better than nothing. Dylan has a system worked out for his desktop where he hangs a USB wireless thing out the window with an extension cord. We are crafty like that.

In other news, we have been doing our best to make some friends here in big ol' Kitakyushu. Dylan ran into another ALT at the local deptartment store type thing (think Walmart) a couple of weeks back and we've hung out a few times and he's introduced us to the friends he has made. Not that there is anything wrong with talking to Dylan, but it is nice to have some other human communication sometime.

As for actual adventures, we have been fairly boring lately. Mostly just going to random restaurants in Kitakyushu with the guy Dylan met. But this past weekend, Dylan and I did try to go to the zoo. It is fairly close by - only one train stop, followed by a forty minute walk. That being said, it seems a lot further away when you get there at about 10 to five and find out that the zoo is closing at five. But, Dylan and I are not faint of heart - we creeped around the parameter of the zoo for a while, peering in and saw some kangaroos. Then we took a nice walk around the big lake right by the zoo. But it was a lake in Japan!

Like I said, fairly boring. Yesterday, I did laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment