Sunday, April 17, 2011

Feast.

Good morning internets.

I'm a liar. I told Pauly I'd update yesterday and I didn't. I feel shamed.

What have I been up to? Well, work mostly. And watching hockey. But other than that, Clair and I have been continuing our efforts to get out there in the world and explore Montreal since the clock is ticking down. Yesterday we continued our quest to find good coffee and picked a place went out in Westmount. Which, upon further inspection, turned out to be really close the Atwater Market (the other big market in Montreal besides the Jean Talon Market), so we went and checked that out before coffee. The market was nice, probably smaller than Jean Talon and it seemed to have a much bigger focus on meat over vegetables. Maybe that's why it seemed smaller? Because I'm not really the type to walk through all of the 6 or so butcher shops, so they mostly got skipped over. There were also a billion cafes, which I thought was weird. I'm sure they were different in important ways. We did stop and split a spanakopita, which was definitely one of the best I've ever had.


Made our way down to coffee and had a yummy latte. And then we played chess. Should I be embarrassed that I taught Clair how to play and she beat me? 'Cause I am. I think Dylan and Jordan would have been in tears. As an indication of how bad I am, I very successfully managed to lose my Queen in three moves, maybe four.

Our plan was to go from there and walk around the neighbourhood and explore previously unexplored areas. But the hard balls of ice pelting us from the sky quickly convinced us otherwise. We just headed back to the Metro, made a slight detour to the grocery store (confusingly, also called Metro), and came home. Have I mentioned how grateful I am that Clair exists? Without her, I'm sure I would be eating Kraft Dinner every night. Instead, we have vegetables and scalloped potatoes and chicken. Woah.

No comments:

Post a Comment